Partner & Co-founder, Commercial & IP
– Deborah Griffiths, Partner & Co-founder
Deborah specialises in commercial and intellectual property law, and is an expert on the legal implementation of Slicing Pie dynamic equity sharing in the UK. She is a co-founding partner of Fairsquare LLP, and qualified to practise as a solicitor in England & Wales.
Deborah has extensive complex contract drafting and business experience. Her work includes:
- advising on entrepreneurial business issues and practical aspects of IP and contract law;
- co-developing legally-binding tax-efficient contractual frameworks for dynamic equity sharing based on Slicing Pie in the UK;
- providing commercial contract advice on a wide range of agreements, including distribution, licence, tender, collaboration, service, agency, software, IT, technology, materials transfer and confidentiality;
- establishing and auditing IP ownership rights;
- advising on copyrights, design rights, trade marks, patents, software and image rights, brand protection and management, and re-branding;
- complex IP portfolio management, protection and prosecution; and
- advising on the IP and commercial aspects of various national and cross-border corporate and M&A transactions and IP securitisations.
Prior to co-founding Fairsquare LLP, Deborah was a senior in-house lawyer at LGC and Royal Mail, and worked at City firms, Theodore Goddard (now Addleshaw Goddard), Berwin Leighton (now Berwin Leighton Paisner) and DLA (now DLA Piper). Deborah read law at the University of Nottingham.
If you would like help with legally implementing Slicing Pie, and/or to talk with Deborah about commercial or IP issues, get in touch here.