Partner & Co-founder, Corporate & Corporate finance
– Maxine Chow, Partner & Co-founder
Maxine specialises in corporate and corporate finance law, and is an expert on the legal implementation of Slicing Pie dynamic equity sharing in the UK. She is a co-founding partner of Fairsquare LLP, and qualified to practise as a solicitor in England & Wales.
Maxine advises fast-growing organisations. Her work includes:
- advising entrepreneurs on company, corporate finance and commercial issues including business establishment, strategy, financing and control;
- co-developing legally-binding tax-efficient contractual structures for dynamic equity sharing based on Slicing Pie in the UK;
- advising on director, shareholder and corporate governance issues, and VC and private equity investments;
- managing and advising on numerous UK and international corporate M&A transactions (both buy-side and sell-side);
- structuring, negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial agreements, including master services, public procurement, joint ventures and standard terms; and
- developing and establishing strong legal risk management programs including liability limitation and quality investigation training.
Maxine was general counsel and company secretary of international science group, LGC, and a solicitor at the Wellcome Trust, Catalyst BioMedica (now Wellcome Trust Innovations), and Theodore Goddard. She is a former member of the Law Society C&I Corporate Governance Committee and Executive Advisory Board of Global Leaders in Law, and a previous The Lawyer Awards In-House Lawyer of the Year finalist. Maxine graduated from the University of Oxford.
If you would like help with legally implementing Slicing Pie, and/or to talk with Maxine about corporate and entrepreneurial issues, get in touch here.